Monday, April 16, 2007

Fine Navy Day, Part 2 (or, Adventures of a Breastfeeding Navy Nurse)


Our field exercise with the Seabees surpassed my expectations in more ways than one. I hadn't really anticipated pumping in a portapotty, but managed to find one that was less smelly than might be expected. The barracks had HOT water. I think Napoleon and his troops really could have conquered the world if they had had hot running water. It was cold out, but my fellow officers shared extra bits of clothing, so that I was able to stand outside and teach basic first aid and learn land navigation without being colder than anyone else out there. It never poured rain. Ethan had enough to eat while I was gone, still recognized me when I got back, and I only had to eat two MREs. They're actually quite fun if you don't have to eat them all the time.

No comments: