Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Dreams

Dreams are funny things... I recently dreamed, for instance, that I was Paris Hilton's neighbor and that we became friends because she came over to swim in my pool, and because I was also a family nurse practitioner (in my dreams only, at this point), I thus became FNP to the rich and famous. Just like Dr. 90210. Only not because nurse practitioners are not as needlessly interventionistic.

Last night, I dreamed that I had gone to drill. For some reason, my sister, my mother and my son came with me. At the same time, I was also caring for two elderly and demented women, one of whom had a tendency to wander. I had forgotten my uniform for drill, had only one change of clothes, couldn't find the room where we were meeting, never had time to eat because I was always late for drill, and somehow, a good friend's wedding was that same weekend, in the same hotel, and I was supposed to be a bridesmaid. I had nothing to wear except the same pair of tacky jeans that I've been wearing for months because I refuse to buy new clothes until I can fit in my old ones, but I did make it to the rehearsal dinner where I sat the whole time, hoping I could think up some special memory to talk about if called upon. I think I might be overcommitted.

4 comments:

Missy said...

Buy yourself some clothes! You'll feel better. There is no need to torture yourself. :) ~M

brite said...

You are hilarious! Any woman who has ever been pregnant or nursing can relate to those bizarre dreams. :)And I agree with "nobody"...buy yourself a few new things! You won't love the clothes so much that you will be content with your weight...trust me!

brite said...

Sorry...that was Warren's account name. Last comment was from the one whose shoes you will not wear.

Elisa Morrison said...

Actually, Brite, the funny thing is, it was your wedding. I guess I should take your advice and get some clothes, in that case. :)