Friday, June 22, 2007

What to Buy

I'm sure there's a job out there somewhere... I'm sure someone has to do it. I'd love to be one of those people who tries out new baby products and gives feedback. I know people do it. I mean, a lot of people do that, but there must be people who do it for money. As an example of our certain expertise in this area, in our short life with Ethan, we have purchased three strollers. Overkill, I know, and it makes me feel guiltily like a greedy consumerist pig, but for three different purposes. We have the jogging stroller for walks at home, and to the park, and for off-roading. It also works well for jogging, I understand. The jogging stroller doesn't maneuver well, however, so we have the stroller that the baby carrier/car seat snaps into. This one folds up into the back of Matt's car, and we use it for our infrequent trips to the mall, and our frequent trips to Wal-Mart. Finally, we have the umbrella stroller. It must be the tiniest and cheapest stroller currently on the market, and positively the only one that will fit in my car. It's great for when we can't fit the other strollers in. Ethan's still a little small for this one, but it can be used by tipping it back on the hind wheels so he doesn't fall out.

Would it be too much to say that we also have cushy head/body supports for these strollers? Now I really do feel like a pig. Maybe I secretly hope there's such a job to justify such extravagance. Don't get me started about toys, clothes, blankets and other baby gadgets. It's not that babies need these things. They attract them with a magnetic pull stronger than the force of gravity. Diapers. We actually have well-reasoned preferences for certain brands of disposable diapers, formulas, bottles, nipples, and scents of baby lotion. You were unaware baby lotion comes in scents? We like the lavendar. Maybe instead of the job, I could get some sort of corporate sponsorship.

No comments: